Friday, July 15, 2011

Pajama Run!

A friend posted this article, 5 Secrets to Being a Super Fun Mom the other day. 4 of the 5 were pretty normal ideas, nothing too out of the box, but 1 of them sounded so fun! The Pajama Run. So you put your kids to bed and about 5 or 10 minutes later you run in and say "Pajama Run!! Go!! Go!" Since my kids heard me talking about it I had to wait to do it until they kinda forgot about it so it could be a real surprise.

Tonight was the night! Of course they are killing me by continuing to get up, making me threaten to whoop em. Finally I tell them I had a special surprise for in the morning and if they got up one more time they absolutely didn't get it. What? I really wanted to do the PJ Run! Well that worked, I waited a few minutes after everyone was nice and quiet and then ran into the hall and then the bedrooms, flicking on every light I could find yelling, "Pajama Run!! Go get in the car!!! Pajama Run!!" I'm pretty sure I had the most fun at this point that anyone :) The boys were all giggles and smiles....well except Devin, but we knew that could be the case since he falls asleep in 1.2 seconds after his head hits the pillow. But I'm sure in his groggy grumbling he had fun.

Another memory in the bank! Cheers to being a super fun mom (and Dad)!!

2 comments:

  1. To clarify to some of you (the ones who didn't click on the link) after you start yelling and turning on lights, you then take them our for ice cream (or what ever you wanted really). So no, Elisa, you don't just wake them up to run around screaming...I agree that would be stupid ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That would be fun for you if you just woke them and to run around!

    ReplyDelete