Saturday, August 20, 2011

Another piece to my puzzle


I've told you about Kyle but you may not know that I also have another brother, Aaron. He was placed in foster care with my Aunt Sheri when he was fresh out of the hospital and although my parents were officially done having kids this little baby changed something. So before you knew it, Aaron (who is Kyle's older bio brother) was living with us and my parents soon adopted him. They knew he had special needs but not the extent or severity. At the time they also didn't know that eventually they would be placing him in a home that would be able to provide 24 hour professional care, they just knew that adopting him was what God wanted them to do.

When he was 4 he went to live with the Almeda's. They are the most amazing people with hearts of gold. He lived there until just recently when again the seasons changed and again God provided the perfect person for Aaron, JD. Yesterday was the first time I met JD and I have to say, another person placed in Aaron's life with a heart of gold.

Kyle moved to New Hope on August 1st and is loving it there! There is supposed to be a 6 month block out where we aren't allowed to go visit him, to allow him to adjust to his new life. Well since the 6 months would be over the holidays they agreed that it would be in Kyle's best interest to make and exception to allow him to come home for Christmas. We were so relieved and excited! Well then we find out Aaron with be in town and since they haven't gotten to see each other in a few years the directors at New Hope made another exception so that Kyle and Aaron could spend the day together. Yesterday we all piled in the cars (minus Ryan and Jeremy, since someone has to work) and went to see Kyle.

We got to meet his friends and see his house, the first time for everyone except my parents and Isaac. I fell in love with a few of the people there! Oh man I wish I had a picture of Amy...my new favorite girl ;) Nothing compares to the simple, pure love that people with special needs give. They aren't stingy with it...it's available for everyone.

We spent the afternoon at the park having a picnic, playing football, wrestling (only a couple injuries) and taking lots of pictures. It was an amazing day and I'm thankful for every minute of it.










2 comments: